Tuesday, March 17, 2009

I Am Out There

Shit has been a week already.

Spent the weekend in L.A. Love racing around on the 10 when traffic is good. No, I didn't drive up and down someone's street like it was high school. I steered clear of that side of town.

Well, I don't think I can take this particular position. The gut just won't let it happen. The economics would be crazy and while Im willing to take a cut for the right thing, this doesn't feel like it.

That said, there is another rabbit in a hat that the gut likes better. And then there's a crazy rabbit walking towards the hat that would just be too insane to think about.

No matter what these are good problems to have. Knocking on doors is how you make things happen. Even if nothing comes of all this, I am out there.

I wish I had more to say, more to write, more to anything.

I almost passed out on the flight home last night. I hadn't eaten much and became weak and went to get a drink and was all shaky and attendant actually asked if I was going through alcohol withdrawal. I said if I am it's three and-a-half years late. Then we started talking about sobriety. They also gave me some free grub, which I woofed down.

That's about it on the excitement level.

Oh and someone wants to see about using my poetry for lyrics. I just need one hit!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lyrics? Hits? You will be lucky if the Estate of Harry Nilsson does not sue you for that last morose bit.

Anonymous said...

I can't live if living is without you
I can't live, I can't give any more
Can't live if living is without you
I can't give, I can't give any more

No, I can't forget this evening
Or your face as you were leaving
But I guess that's just the way the story goes
You always smile but in your eyes your sorrow shows
Yes, it shows

Can't live if living is without you
I can't live, I can't give anymore
I can't live if living is without you
Can't live, I can't give anymore

tourguide said...

Right. Since no one has ever sang anything remotely similar.

tourguide said...

Rock on, Rambler.