Sunday, June 13, 2010

Supposed To Feel

Keep looking for a feeling that betrayed me every time
Think that if I don't feel what I felt before then it doesn't matter no more
But every time I've had that feeling it blew up in my face
So why should I waste my time?

Don't know what I'm supposed to feel
Don't know how to tell what's real
Every other time, I've felt weak
Every other time, I couldn't eat

Somehow thought that's how it's supposed to feel
On edge, strung out waiting for the next hit of love
Starting to think that may not be so right
Starting to see it's not all about staying up all night

Can it be real if it's not real crazy?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It can't be real if it's real crazy. Being temporarily blind, deaf and stupid = mindless passion = bad choices. Real feelings of love etc., in my opinion, take time to develop. Take your time, keep your eyes wide open and wait for the thunderbolt to arrive. When it arrives late, it's more likely to be real and lasting. Think of aging wine or slowly brewed coffee. They're the best.

Greetings from the Apple. HR