Saturday, May 23, 2009

Not Another You

Can’t go on in this one man play
Need to actually feel again and live
If I lose, if I bleed, if I find another you
It has to beat being stuck in this truth

Know there is more out there than this
Sleep, eat, drink and piss
Tired of being that one in the bar
Hanging on until 4 a.m. like a fading star

Thinking that the one in the corner will be the light
That takes me out of this hell night
But she’s just another detour
And a way to waste an hour

She’s not another you
Her knive can’t draw enough blood
To make me feel new
Took my heart, sliced my soul

Not another you

2 comments:

tourguider08 said...

Really experimenting with rhyme schemes, aren't we? First and second stanzas, second and fourth, even second and third. Sounds like baseball, but keep pushing your limits.

tourguide said...

and again.