Friday, July 3, 2009

Left This Ghost

Quiet here
Except for you
Still lingering in the background
Dancing through my mind
Loitering around my head
Squatting in my yard
Like to get you out once and for all
But it takes time
Who knew that someone who stayed so short
Could cut so deep

Know it's all about my ego
Been so long since someone got the drop on me
I'm usually the one to cut and run
Let me tell you the other way isn't much fun

Thought I'd finally get what I wanted
And maybe instead I got what I deserved
Just know that with each passing hour
Is one more than you ever served

Just want to be free
Yet I'm the one still clinging
To a false memory and a fake dream
That drained my soul and left this ghost

2 comments:

tourguide said...

Is this half-minx? (Outdated, immature tag, sorry)

Rambler said...

No tourguide, not half-minx. She's doing quite well out here and we're friends.