Friday, July 17, 2009

Smoke

Caught a scent of you in the evening air
Breathed you in and got my taste
But if I let you back for good again
You'll lay me to waste.

So close you were burning inside me
Wanted to take you home and make you mine
Fill my place with all those dreams
That it'll all work the way it should this time

Fill my lungs with your soul
Feel you beating in my chest
Let me use you to fill that hole
And maybe my head will finally rest

You leave me with nothing but smoke
As the rest burns slowly away
And in the end I'll be the one to choke
If I l let myself get caught in your sway.

2 comments:

Gina said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Gina said...

great poem, Rambler. Certain relationships, althogh they are over and out, especially if they ended crappily ever after, can just stick in your craw and you can't get the stink of em out of your nares. Ugh!like tryin clear a hair ball.