Friday, July 31, 2009

Wish I Could Bleed

Feel like I'm supposed to bleed here
But I cut and cut and it just won't come

Wish I could feel that rage or sadness
Just for a few more seconds
Wish I could feel that hurt and pain
And wonder what wrecked us

Now though I see you and see through it
Keep looking for a clue that will remind me
That I was once inside you
But it's like it never happened just a phantom pain

So now I'll have to find something else to be in anguish about
Find some new heartbreaker to torment me
Somehow moved past this or so it seems
And as crazy as it sounds, I wish I could bleed

1 comment:

tourguide said...

My earlier comment about your rhyme experimentation was apparently deleted. You did (lines) 2 and 4, 1 and 2, and even 3 and 4. This is now freer verse, though no less effective. Poetry is pretty, except when it's not. But it lets you bleed.