Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Where Am I?

One of my ten readers is griping about the lack of new posts. I apologize.

I just have been in a funk lately. My job is busy and boring and frustrating and crappy. I haven't gotten to the gym in two days and I'm having trouble getting out of bed. I am doing to much socializing at night and I need to reign that in. And socializing is not code for some perverted activity. I'm just hanging out with friends and eating at diners and not getting home until 10 p.m. There's nothing wrong with it, it's great, it's saving my life, all that shit. That said, it also means I don't have much time for myself. My problem is figuring out what is time for myself and what is isolating.

I'm almost done with my class. Can't wait until that shit is over. I joined J-Date and have been bombarded with horny yentas with kids who are past my age limit. A few hopefuls, but I'm not holding my breath. I had what I thought were two promising get togethers with this chick (yes, I said `chick') off of Nerve, but she flaked out and disappered. Or she just didn't like me. That's fine but, why then did she waste my time?

I was just rude to a friend and I feel bad. I have to go home for Passover next weekend and that makes me feel worse. My brother just turned fifty and that makes me feel old. I have no creative energy. I have no physical energy.

And yet things could be a fuck of a lot worse. I have my job. It pays me very well. A lot of people I know are out of work right now and that would suck.

I don't want to go to group therapy tonight. I didn't want to come to work today. I want to go to the gym tonight and am thinking of doing just that even if I blow off a dinner. But I can't blow off the dinner because this friend may be doing me a huge favor on Friday by talking to my class of lunkheads.

OK, this is one of those posts that hopefully in a month I'll look back on say, `yeah, that was a crappy day, but it passed.'"

Hope so.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

maybe you just need to open a can of soup and get to be bed early for a change, or maybe that's just me. Sorry.

Kleingärtner said...

There better be someting pretty fucking good in that can of soup.