Tuesday, April 1, 2008

A Solution In Search Of A Problem.

I don't get Slingbox.

Now I know I don't get a lot of new devices, but this one really makes no sense. For the uninformed, a Slingbox is a device that allows you to watch your home TV on your computer when you are away from home. In other words, if you take a business trip to Los Angeles and your night just isn't complete without Channel Five local news with Rosanna Scotto, you can use a Slingbox and watch it.

Now who really needs this? If you are a sports fan, there is some limited appeal I guess. But other than that, TV is TV no matter where you go in the country. What, you think that Seinfeld rerun in Florida isn't worth watching when you can catch the one in New York?

Someone please explain to me why this is a device the marketplace needed.

And sooner or later I'll get back to posting some deeper (at least I think it's deeper) stuff.

4 comments:

d.c. ferreira said...

My luck I would date somone who had this little device.

Angelissima said...

That is probably the most unnecessary and over-indulgent device I've ever heard of!

Gina said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Gina said...

So you've set yourself up with your slingbox, popped a quarter into the electric fingers massaging bed, and you're settling down for a little late night Seinfeld. Suddenly, a knock at your door. Hmm...you weren't expecting anyone...Oh, it's you. Slingblade. I thought I blocked you. Ah, since you're here, come on in, I've got my "slingbox" all set up. Grab a Pepsi.

It's useless to wonder why.