Saturday, December 13, 2008

Higher Power

Ignored all the warnings
Seen it a thousand times before
Yet I was blind when it showed up at my door
And now I got no more

Turned you into my higher power
Forgot what they told me not to do
And now I'm so lost in the idea of you
That I've turned back on all those rules

And it's got nothing to do with you
Wish I could lay it on your face
Easy to say some bitch knocked me off my place
Nice little lie to say she turned me back into a waste

But you've been a perfect angel
I'm the one intent on taking me down
Can't stop them voices from pushing me around
Don't know how to get myself off the ground

Convinced myself that I've got nothing now
You're out there in life and I'm here in death
Told myself that what I've built is stealth
Turned all my truth into lies and now I'm someone else

No comments: