Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Worth All That's Gone

Still see those bruises on you
Why'd you stay there so long?
Couldn't stand to see him take you down
So I did what you couldn't
And he'll never touch you again

Think of me for the next twenty years
I wouldn't have it any other way
Just wish I had more time to hide him
But that's the way it got played
And now we'll just have to wait

Wish I could undo all he did
Take back every stitch and cut
Make you the bright shiny girl again
Instead of a scared lost waif
Looking to run from everyone

Hate what he did to you
Hate what it made me do
Stuck here staring at these walls
Shouldn't be here I know
But if I wasn't you wouldn't be out there

So I'll sit here and wait out my time
Don't need no visitors, no reminders
Just promise me when I walk out in twenty
That you'll be there with a smile and I'll know
It was worth all that's gone