Friday, April 3, 2009

Rescue Me

Went to premiere and party last night. Show is definitely back on track after last season's absurdity. And who knew Michael J. Fox could play a jerk.

Went to the premiere party. First time in awhile I've been to one of these things. I used to go to them all the time in my reporting days and though there are fewer now I will have to hit what is there to source back up. I know I'm more than my job or that I'm not my job, but I also liked being a reporter. I liked telling people what I did. It'll be nice to have that feeling again.

I would've liked a smoke last night but I can't chuck two years and three months for a short-term craving. They are a lot cheaper in L.A. I'm just saying...

This is a pretty boring post, but just that I'm posting some shit again is a good sign.

On a seperate note, the first five tracks of the new U2 are great. Not so sure about the rest.

1 comment:

tourguide said...

I loved the culture of the newsroom. You had every kind of eccentric but usually smart people who would fit in nowhere else. Being in a large room with everyone together gave you a feeling of power when talking to big business or big government or whatever. A democracy needs powerful newsgathering and investigative reporting skills to put the fear of God (or at least front page embarrassment) into the power structure. The net at this point just doesn't have that. Maybe it will evolve, hopefully.