Thursday, July 29, 2010

Don't Want to See You in Everything

When you look into my eyes
Do you see the pain?

When you hear my voice
Can you tell it's still cracked?

When you see me walk
Do I still look broken?

When I see you I have to look away
When I see you I have to leave the day
When I see you I have to drop and pray
When I see you I have nothing to say

What bad turn did I go down with you
What maze is this that has no exit
Why do we cling so to the one
That did a dump and run

When I see you I feel so weak
When I see you I forget to speak
When I see you I go meek
When I see you I turn to concrete

When you look into my eyes
Do you see the hurt?

When you hear my voice
Is it beaten down?

When you see me walk
Do you laugh behind me?

Want to see you and feel no pain
Want to see you and think of rain
Want to see you and not see anything
Don't want to see you in everything

3 comments:

Gina said...

Seems to be that these kind of feelings put to words are comforted by their own melody. While yours is so sad ( makes me wanna cry), I am thinking of the anger with which Alanis Morissette belts out 'You Ought know'

"And I'm here to remind you
Of the mess you left when you went away
It's not fair to deny me
Of the cross I bear that you gave to me
You, you, you oughta know."

in my opinion this is prolly one of your best, Rambler.

Rambler said...

thanks much. a few days later it seems whiney!

Gina said...

everything blows over, don't it, Doughnut?