Sunday, April 2, 2017

50 Minute Hour *

Tired of your fifty minute hours
Bored of your lame interrogations
Stop looking for that lost boy
He might get out of this chair and kick your ass
Every week it's the same thing

Open up a pothole, poke around inside
Patch it up again and send me on my way
Keep waiting for that magic moment
When I break down and say, oh that's why

But this isn't an object in the mirror
Not getting closer than it appears

So we keep  digging around
Trying to get to the cause
Sometimes it's better not to ask why
Just fill that hole with concrete
And hope it stays sealed

Of course it never does
It cracks ever so slowly
Because the cement won't hold
Pipes are busted inside and soon will explode

At some point it becomes too much
This building up and tearing down
So I'll leave my final check on the desk
And realize a few holes and leaky pipes
Can't be fixed in a 50 minute hour

And who said I had too anyway?

*Initially published in 2008 as a four line quickie. This is extended dance mix.

No comments: