Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Invisible Man

I had to go to Burbank this afternoon for a meeting. I fought traffic all the way there so when it was over I decided I'd get dinner there and then drive back when traffic was lighter.

I ended up in at a Japanese restaurant in an anonymous Toluca Lake strip mall. Food was surprisingly decent and I felt very relaxed with the feeling that no one in the world at that moment knew or cared where I was or what I was doing.

Sitting in this little dive of a restaurant felt so peaceful. I could just be in my skin. I sometimes get that feeling when I'm in a cab to the airport at 5:00 in the morning. The streets are empty and I feel like I'm the only person in the world. Of course there's the driver but I'm a narcissist so he doesn't even exist.

Same thing at the restaurant. I could just sit there and feel completely invisible to the world.

It's a nice feeling.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"I could just sit there and feel completely invisible to the world."

Speaking for all the world, Thank You.