Thursday, July 5, 2007

A New Marketing Campaign For Prius

Yes, I'm talking about Al Gore III. Nailed the other night doing a 100 MPH in his ecologically sound automobile with pot, pills and probably some other goodies scattered about, the son of the former veepee is no stranger to law enforcement. This is the fourth time (at least) that he's been busted behind the wheel. He is a tragedy waiting to happen. Not going to get into the pressures of coming from the Gore family or whatever residual issues he's dealing with from being run over when he was a kid, at this point it might be time for him to start taking some responsibility for his actions.

But that's not why I'm writing. Gore's bust gives Toyota a brilliant ad campaign. I'm sure lots of people are wary of buying a Prius because they're worried they won't be able to outrun anyone and they'll lose their street cred. But if Gore can get it up to 100 MPH... I can see it now. "You can still drive high and fast and help the environment." Reminds me of a photo my roommate took of me in freshmen year passed out on the bathroom floor with a bottle of Old English 800 next to me. Yes, those were the days. Anyway, I wanted to submit the photo to Old English as a possible ad campaign. I had several caption ideas including: Old English, it gets the job done; Old English, some people just can't handle it and finally, Old English, when you don't want to remember anything at all.

1 comment:

Gina said...

"Reminds me of a photo my roommate took of me in freshmen year passed out on the bathroom floor with a bottle of Old English 800 next to me'

Not that cologne with the iconic wooden cap? It's that's strong? Get's the job done? Oh waaaaait...That would be English Leather. Sorry. I was gonna say...

they brought it back, you know.
English Leather Black. http://www.fashionwindows.com/beauty/2007/english_leather.asp

English Leather Black. Some people just can't handle it.