Thursday, February 21, 2008

Flat Front? Yes. Dry Front? Not So Sure

At the risk of sharing too much (I know, is that really an issue here?), I am having an issue with my flat front pants.

For starters, I actually prefer pleats. I think they look classy. That said, I know everyone thinks pleats are for old men and flat fronts look better, so I caved.

I do like the flat front. It has a slimmer look. But there is this one problem. Anyone remember that old chestnut "no matter how hard you shake and dance the last drop always falls in your pants?" That really is true with the flat fronts. I do my best to make sure Rambler Jr. goes back into his box dry as possible. I squeeze, wipe, etc. And without fail, I look down a few minutes later and...

I checked with another flat front wearing friend who is a little older than me and he confirms this is a challenge. I sense an opportunity here for the pants manufacturers. Just a little more lining might solve the problem. I know as we all get older the pipes get leaky; still this is a high price to be for fashion.

6 comments:

Angelissima said...

Now you're just hitting below the belt.

BayonneMike said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
BayonneMike said...

I don't think it's the pants, I think it's the nozzle.

You're timing couldn't have been better. I just sprayed a stream down my left pant leg. What do I do? Hang around the men's room like a degenerate waiting for it to dry or just assume everyone will think I splashed a little too vigorously at the sink? Fuck that! I head out head held high just as a young woman exits the ladies. Big smile!

Angelissima said...

You make me glad to be a girl, Bayonnemike.

Gina said...

Shooting streams down your leg, babe? I'm telling you, you men would do well to purchase those Always extra thin sanitary pads. Press em inside your drawers. You can put as many of them in there as can cover the wet zonee. Especially you, Mike with the leg. I love those things. I mean the pads too. Hold your head high in confidence yes, but you can avoid wet leg with a simple insert.

Come on. Change is good.

riisey said...

Hail Mary!! The transition from diapers to pull-ups seems a lot scarier than it is. I'm all for the flat-front...even if precautions need be made. I have faith...