Monday, August 4, 2008

What's My Agenda?

An ex of mine apparently has had a rough go of it lately. Isn't Google wonderful? One search and I can see she got caught up in a nightmare situation at her job that made lots of news in her town. Who knows what the truth is. I know enough about these sorts of situations and enough about how the media works (guilty as charged) to know that I'm probably not getting the whole story.

I haven't talked to this person in a few years and our relationship ended twenty years ago and I have no torch here (she's married now). When we did live together, I was a shit to her and at some point I will have to get in touch with her and acknowledge all that, etc. She did introduce to my brother to his wife so even though I'm not really in touch with her, there is a family link.

I want to call and say hey and that I hope everything works out, etc. But part of me wonders if this isn't me trying to get caught up in someone else's drama. Am I looking to offer support or just hear the dirty details? And why am I writing like Carrie Bradshaw?

Well, I'll find out what my agenda was soon enough. Amazingly, the phone number hasn't changed in twenty years and more amazing, I still remember it.

No comments: