Monday, November 17, 2008

I'm Ready For Football And That's All

Bad enough watching the Redskins choke their way through another big game. More annoying was NBC's halftime show which included a segment featuring Meredith Vierra babbling about the environment as part of NBC Universal's "Green Initiative."

You know what, when I'm watching football, that's what I want to watch. I don't want news on global warming at halftime. I want highlights of the games I missed earlier.

I also don't want to hear the latest Bruce song played over NFL highlights. Readers here know how I feel about Bruce's decision to play the Super Bowl so I won't reiterate it again here. But to not even have a live performance or a music video, just three minutes of Bruce over NFL highlights...pathetic. Must have been a hell of a negotiation between Jon Landau, NBC and the NFL.

Just show me the game and talk about the game. Is that asking too much?

No comments: