Saturday, November 1, 2008

Status Update

So it's been awhile since I've actually provided some sort of an update on Rambler. Not really writing much. Yeah sure, there's the poems/lyrics but no one is knocking with any music for them. Not that I make any effort to try to get published. As far as the fiction/noir, that well has been dry for awhile.

Work is still kind of sucky but considering how many people I know who are worried about their jobs and how many others who aren't working, I am trying to just be grateful for my gig. We too will be feeling the pinch and hopefully if I do leave it'll be on my terms. My not so new boss, who I've known for a long time, has no attention span. He can't even get halfway through a joke without forgetting what he is saying. It does not instill the staff with a lot of faith. He is all about the schmooze. Nothing wrong with that, but if you can't close a deal it really doesn't matter how gregarious you are. Hell, he can't even close the door to the restroom, much less a contract. More responsibility that front falls to me but I'm not a salesman. I could be, but I also don't want to be one. I have trouble with the whole lying thing.

I'm still putting together decent events but getting asses in the seat is getting harder. You'd think with all these people out of work and looking to network we'd be booming. Truth is, we skew old.

Anyway, bottom line is I have a job and should shut the fuck up.

With regards to women, there are some faint rumblings but nothing to get too excited about and as usual I always do things the hard way. The plus side is I finally kissed someone I've been wanting to kiss for about five years. Of course she lives across the country. Fortunately, I'm headed across the country soon so we'll see if there is a quick fling or something greater in the works or nothing at all. Whatever happens is what's supposed to happen.

That's my update. Not much. Maybe I'll just stick to telling it in verse.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Um, who did you kiss and who are you flying off to see? I kill you!

tourguide said...

I hope you planted her a good one. My end right now is the Obama campaign in PA. Will get together afterward. Chris Shaffer is all right after going into the hospital with liver damage and kidney stones.
Your poems are really good at this point, I can say without irony (except of course you need to kill yourself for people to read it). Will write more after election.