Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Realignment

The NFL's move to split into for divisions per conference definitely took care of some of the geographical silliness such as Arizona in the East and Tampa in the central. But there is one that still bugs me. I want Baltimore back in the east. I propose swapping the Bills and Ravens. Think about it. The Bills would do battle with the Steelers, Bengals and Browns. Four old school blue collar industrial (well once industrial anyway) cities doing battle. The Ravens become the old Colts (instead of the old Browns) and all those rivalries of the past return.

Yeah, I know the Bills won't want to let go of those AFC East rivalries, but I'll bet the travel costs go down. Same for the Ravens.

I'll put this in a memo and get it to Roger Goodell.

1 comment:

LoveJoy said...

Your proposal would frustrate Goddell's plan to have the Bills become the lead team in the new International division. Planning on checking out the Bills v. Dolphins game . . . at the Rogers Centre . . . in TORONTO?