Monday, January 19, 2009

Knocked Down

For some reason I didn't post this six months ago when I wrote it...Can honestly say I'm not in this place anymore. Wound isn't closed, but it is healing a little. Anyway...


Back to counting days again
Not from the drink or the drug
Not from the booze or the blow
No, it's a woman that knocked me down

Underneath every skirt is a slip
That's what the oldtimers say
Thought I was ready to fly
Three plus years under my belt oh my

But she sent me reeling
And now I'm going minute-to-minute
Trying not to self-destruct
Trying to keep it together for one more second

Each hour seems like a day
Each day seems like a year
Fell so hard so fast
Guess I should've known it'd kick my ass

Not going out for a skirt
That I know
But the feeling's the same
I'm weak and lame

Like a junkie trying to kick
I try to avoid my scoring spots
But I see you on every corner
And hear you in my dreams

You've crawled inside my veins
And I'm still bleeding inside
Thought I'd found my wife
Instead I'm hating life

No comments: