Thursday, January 15, 2009

Won't Go Back

Got that call at 2 a.m.
My body telling my mind we're done again
Laid in bed for four hours wondering
Where did I go wrong.

Had taken me back to the sun
And now it's black again
Been here before it's nothing new
Thought I had an answer with you

But I know I don't want to die alone
Can't keep living this way
And if this one didn't get me out
The next one will

Maybe you'll be back
I hope it all gets better
I know for once it wasn't me
And I know it wasn't you

But sometimes that's not enough either
And the sitaution couldn't sustain
You've got too many clouds right now
To bank on such a faraway sun

It hurts like hell
To have been teased like this
To know that I could feel this way
And then have it taken away

I won't go back
To that shithole known as my head
I won't go back
To a permanant state of blackness in my bed

Gonna keep that door open
And maybe you'll find your way back
Put that bookmark in our chapter
And pray your pretty hands reach for the page

1 comment:

tourguide said...

As a veteran relationship abandoner, I can tell you that indeed it was usually me not her. But the other way around is simply impossible to know. You'll never know what's going on in people's private minds. It's like guessing what's in a a black box on an airplane crash.
Too bad, though. Maybe if she comes out from underneath all the weight.