Sunday, May 11, 2008

Kick The Football

Have cut back on the heavy flirtation with the girl at work. I had decided that she was Lucy and I was Charlie Brown and I was tired of having her pull the football away every time I'm ready to kick it.

Except my damn shrink put things in perspective for me. He noted that unlike Charlie Brown, I had not even tried to kick the damn ball. I have run at it a little bit, but then I pull off before Lucy can even begin to yank it away. In other words, I set myself up for something and accept it before it ever fucking happens. I interpret things and my interpretation may not necessarily be the facts.

So what to do? Well, one thing to do would be to cut out the bullshit and just put it out there and see what happens or just walk away and decide it is not worth the hassle. What I can't keep doing is sitting there staring at that football. Either kick it and send it flying or try land on my ass, but this running up and stopping isn't getting me anywhere.

4 comments:

Gina said...

Nerves. You may as well bring on the thing you most fear so you can see that it can't possibly be that bad. You could make a rule that you NEVER date people at work. It takes the pressure off, then you can go out for coffee or something. Here is a paragraph i took from Wikipedia on his relationships. There is hope, sir.

"Charlie Brown is infatuated with an often unseen character known simply as "the Little Red-Haired Girl", (named "Heather" in the valentine special "It's Your First Kiss, Charlie Brown!") though he rarely has the courage to talk to her, and when he does (in encounters which always occur off-panel) it always goes badly. Because of his preoccupation with the Little Red-Haired Girl, he remains oblivious to the occasional attentions of Peppermint Patty and Marcie. In particular, he has a tendency to say the wrong thing at the wrong time, to both of them; Peppermint Patty when she seeks reassurance over her "big nose" and her femininity, and Marcie when she tries to show that she cares about him (once, when asking if Charlie Brown missed her while she was away, got the reply "my cereal's going soggy"). Charlie Brown once had a brief, yet surprisingly successful flirtation with a minor character called Peggy Jean who he met at summer camp."

Gina said...

maybe you can begin to associate yourself with someone more like you...maybe mild mannered Clark Kent. Envision the woman as Lois Lane and she has NO IDEA who you really are.

tourguide said...

They've updated "It's your first kiss" for the 2000s. They go straight to oral sex now. There's also a three-way that includes the previously ignored Peppermint Patty and Marcy. It's a touching moment that the whole family can enjoy.

tourguide said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.