Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Starbucks Does It Again

Starbucks CEO Howard Schultz keeps wondering why his shares are falling and what the hell is going on with his chain of stores.

I'll give him one hint. Starbucks built an empire by being consistent. You went in there and knew what was there and what you were getting every time. Now they are trying out and replacing products so often it is becoming quite frustrating to this loyal customer. (Yeah, yeah, bash me some other time for supporting the big evil chain).

My latest complaint? They've gotten rid of the strawberry banana yogurt Parfait in favor of strawberry blueberry and peach raspberry. I'm told by a clerk that the new flavors are for the summer. That means that there was actually a market researcher who decided that bananas are not summer fruit.

And we fans of the strawberry banana are left holding the spoon.

P.S. I want the job that decides what is and isn't a summer flavor.

6 comments:

Angelissima said...

thank GAWD they still have the iced mocha.

Gina said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Gina said...

bananas. i don't use them.must have 2 dozen black ones in my freezer. a few days is 'bout all they're good for. then it's to the freezer until banana nut loaf season.

i'll tell my neice. she's high up in the Starbucks chain of command and may be able to pull some strings to get our strawb-ban parf back in season.

Gina said...

excuse me Rambler, i meant YOUR strawban parf as i said, i don't use bananas unless I open them myself. i don't trust that these people are washing their hands properly. prepared foods are difficult for me.

besides, they go against the action of the fiber.

Anonymous said...

"strawberry banana yogurt Parfait"?!?! WTF? Someone has certainly been in touch with his sensitive side.

Gina said...

cause they are the fruit of the palm, knucklehead. oh wait...that's the hairy coconut...God had a sense of humor at one time.