Monday, July 7, 2008

Next Time Set Yourself On Fire

So Rambler got a little haircut. Actually, let me rephrase. Rambler got a lot of hair cut. Basically I got the "Lauer." My stylist (yes, Rambler has a stylist) tried to dissuade me from going so short, but I said lets just take a little more off (and then I kept on saying that). I'm at that point in my life where the less hair I have, the more hair it looks like I have.

Of course, in this case less is less but so what, it'll take two weeks or so to get back to my normal short length.

Anyway, the other day I'm seeing Hancock (yes, you can skip it) with a girl I like and her friend. The friend is there, no doubt, to remind me of my place in the friendzone with said girl. That's fine, I accept it. Rambler (I know, lots of third person on this one Xmastime!)has been told he needs to develop better skills relating to women, being friends with them, interacting, etc. I'm willing to play ball.

Nonetheless, I was a little taken aback that neither girl commented on this rather extreme haircut. Now, does it look so bad that it fell into the "if you can't say something nice" category or am I just so off the radar that it didn't even register that I looked like I was auditioning to be an extra in Prison Break?

I guess I could have brought it up. I can see that now.

Me: Hey, that Will Smith had a nice hair cut didn't he?
Them: (looking up from their conversation) Uh, yeah.
Me: Speaking of haircuts...
Them: (back to their own conversation) So what are you doing later?
Me: (Staring off into space, wondering if I can catch Zohan somewhere)

Did I mention $10 for popcorn and a bottle of water (or she stiffed me on some change)?

And yes, I realize this is all about my ego. So what. Sometimes that needs stroking too!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

wish i had a watermelon.

maybe next time just have it all off and get yourself a Harley T-shirt.

Gina said...

a buzzcut is it? Unless you were doing something really drastic Rambler, the summertime haircut isn't that unusual, so they probably made a mental note and chalked it up to the humidity.

Rambler said...

Uh, yeah, it's a buzzcut, it's the shortest my hair has been since I came out of the womb. That said, a female friend notes that now I know how every women feels when they do something radical and no one notices.

Gina said...

True. And sometimes we're just so sick of paying compliments to the same people over and over again.

Anonymous said...

I reckon Rambler looks like that hunky political prisoner, Vern Schillinger (pronounce that with a hard "G").

"You're gonna need a shower after I'm done with you."

Angelissima said...

What's with all the third-person speak?