Sunday, June 22, 2008

Discontinued

Why is it that everything I ever like or appreciate gets discontinued?

The other day I (foolishly) broke the clip on the case for my iPod. This clip went right on my pants and I used it at the gym. I thought it'd be easy to replace, which is why I was so careless when I broke it. I went off to Radio Shack, which told me they didn't sell that model anymore. Everything is now strap-ons that go around the arm. Look, I don't even want to hear about strap-ons that go....hey that reminds me, I ever tell my strap-on story?

I digress. Anyway, a visit to the Apple site also seems to indicate that clips are out (it's all ball bearings now!). I really can't believe that I can't find a case that I can clip to my shorts (not belt buckle, this is at the gym). Anyway, I'm off to Apple store now, yes right into the belly of the beast) to try to remedy this situation.

It's not just clips. I like the strawberry-banana yogurt granola thing at Starbucks. That's the one they get rid of! I like the Subway Steak and Cheese. That's the one they fuck with. I like the Fruit of the Loom boxer briefs. Now I can never find them.

Clearly however we define progress, isn't progress for me. I'll think of some other examples and add them later. Right now the old AM radio is acting up.

6 comments:

Kleingärtner said...

Hey, I love qvetching as much as the next guy. And I can buy the iPod nightmare. And though I don't condone your eating the banana yogurt parfait surprise, I can understand missing your usual. But, for the love of god, how does one "fuck with" a Subway steak and cheese? I eat them all the time and they're more consistent than a small fries at McD's! You'
re stretching the boundries of my empathy.

Rambler said...

They used to have shredded beef and now it is this gross chunky beef. At least here, I don't know what they do to the Subways over there.

Gina said...

you could rig it with a thick rubber band and a bobbypin. 'cept you can't find bobby pins anywhere anymore. nobody even knows what they are!
Drat it all!

i can't wear my ipod in the gym because the dam ear thingys fall out of my pygmy ears. guess i have to buy headphones.

Anonymous said...

Discontinued iPod gear? Have you heard of eBay?

Rambler said...

To borrow from White Men Can't Jump, when I say I'm thirsty I don't want you to bring me water, I want you to feel my thirst.

Anonymous said...

Love the "Fletch" reference. Think I'll fire up the ol' Betamax and watch it again.

I will always dial a phone, and still expect I may get a busy signal.

Stuff always happens around the clock.

I am still annoyed that the Winter Olympics don't happen the same year as the US Presidential elections.

Used to be so easy. But here I sound like a broken record.