Thursday, June 5, 2008

Get It Right

Watching the new CBS drama Swingtown about...1970s suburbia. If my folks had key parties I must have already been asleep.

What is annoying to me in period piece shows are when they get little shit wrong. This episode is set on July 2, 1976 and one of the songs being played is "Go Your Own Away," which was not released until December of that year. I'm sure there are other errors including cars, clothes, etc.

Now I'm willing to forgive some stuff, but being a music trivia guy, having a song in a period show before said song was released annoys the shit out of me. There are people whose job is to keep that stuff accurate. Apparently they took the night off.

5 comments:

Angelissima said...

Rats. I forgot that was on last night. I opted for Kathy Griffin's Life on the D List.

Gina said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Gina said...

No Dodge Dart Swingers in Swingtown? I may have spied a Pontiac GTO. Though the storyline is tragically subversive, I really enjoyed the nostalgia. I think we may have had a set of swingers down the block. Drunks. They divorced. Thankfully, we were shielded from that sort of thing. I applaud the prude in the plaid dress who hightailed it out of that smelly basement orgy. Nauseating. Can you imagine your parents getting it on with your neighbors? The Cleavers with the Cunninghams? Unthinkable. The stink of it all is PUTRID AND DISGUSTING. Hollywood revels in it. What's next,we get to see inside a working abortion mill? What the heck with that stupid smile on the redhead?

Wait 'til the Quaalude wears off, Sissy, and you have to face your children in the morning. That's really nice, isn't it. Ya filthy animals.

I need a patriotic plaid dress. Just say NO to Swingtown.

tourguide said...

Haven't seen the show yet, but it's only a couple of months off with Go Your Own Way. Maybe you can be nostalgically correct(NC), but I doubt anyone's head rolled at the network for the mistake.

Rambler said...

No, no one's head rolled but it annoyed me.