Sunday, March 9, 2008

Reminder

Once again I'm flirting with a new job. Feeling pretty good about the odds of getting an offer but I also know I don't really have any control over that. I've done my part and now we'll see what happens.

Of course, at the same time the situation at my current job is getting interesting. I have a new boss. I know him. We used to work together. In other words, we were once equals and now he'll be my boss. I've been through that scenario once before but I am in a much better place now to deal with it. The truth is, this guy has skills I don't just as I have skills he doesn't. He likes to schmooze and be out there waiving the flag and my place needs that and it is not something that I have the strength, stamina, or desire to do right now.

While I am actually a little excited about this new arrival, I have to remember that while some things may get better at work in this new regime, the fundamentals of the job won't change and the challenges will also be there. Over the long term, this new opportunity has some potential to open up some doors for me that otherwise will stay closed.

All of these are so-called luxury problems and I'm glad to have them. Just throwing all this out there. My LA-ex suggested that I look at how many times I've bitched about my job here and I did that and it is a lot. I guess I'll try to remember that too. That's why I write here, just to get my brain thinking. I don't delude myself that this is of any interest to anyone. However, it helps me to figure out which way to turn.

No comments: