Saturday, March 1, 2008

It's Hot In Here

Day two at the new gym. So far no one has come up to me, tapped my shoulder and said `excuse me sir, you are not the kind of clientele we want here.' Still, I keep my head down low on the treadmill in anticipation of being found out.

I notice it seems very warm in this gym. I sweat a lot more than I did at the Oz gym. At first I thought it was because they had the heat up (all the better to sell more of those fruity health drinks). Then I realized that it is just that there's a lot more people at this gym then the my old one. All those extra bodies eating up the oxygen.

Did enjoy a steam, a shower, and even shaved. Free razors and cream there. It's kind of like being in a nice hotel.

I seem to be the only one who carries a drink around. I need my Gatorade. I don't know what these other people do. I am digging the free towels. It's like when I'm at a hotel, I just throw them everywhere. I've always had girlfriends who could be total slobs at home and once they get into a hotel they turn into Felix Unger lest some staff person they'll never see again thinks they're a slob.

Me, I'm the opposite. I try to keep the home neat but turn into a total slob if someone else has to clean up. Isn't that the point?

So far the PTs are leaving me alone. I always hate when they approach you. It's like when the strippers want you to buy a lap dance. Just one quick grind and see if you like it and they never believe you when you say you're not interested now, but maybe later.

That reminds me, wonder if the massages have happy endings.

No comments: