Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Just Cut To The Chase Already!

Walking home tonight with some friends and we walk past someone who begins the conversation with "excuse me guys, I'm really sorry to bother you, if I could have just a minute of your time..."

You know where this is going. I don't mind being asked for change. But I do mind having my time wasted. Don't give me the long intro and the sob story, just cut to the mother fucking chase! You want money. Ask for it. Spare me the theatrics and improv routines.

5 comments:

ope said...

you say youre stranded all the way from trenton?!

my new annoyance is on the a train -- kids selling candy with the preface: "instead of dealing drugs or robbing stores..."

Gina said...

Wow, I was thinking maybe it would be a good idea to have some money on hand to give em before they ask.

I tell people that I was mugged at the Staten Island Ferry when a heaviy blanketed homeless man shook my arm and said, "CUT LOOSE THE CHANGE!" He settled for half my roll, since we were both in the same boat. I guess it wasnt' a mugging, but a seriously hungry dude.

Rambler said...

When I was in college I was walking down past Astor Place with a friend when this, uh, disenfranchised gentleman looked at me and said "come on boy, PUT SOMETHING IN! For that I had to throw down a buck!

Gina said...

Oh my gosh, that reminds me of one of Nonna's stories. She said there was a poor elderly man who lived in the same building. He came down the steps and knocked at her door, asking for bread. 2 slices. She gave him the bread and he held the slices open on his palms and said,
"Put something on this."

Angelissima said...

candy is not as bad as magazines.