Thursday, September 27, 2007

Restless Night

I woke up in the middle of the night starving. No reason for it. I had eaten a grilled chicken hero and fries for dinner. I got up and ate a banana and some other crap. My stomach was burning up everything that went into it. Normally I wake up around 3 a.m. every night to go take a whiz. I'm pretty good. I can do the whole thing in the dark and not spill a drop.

Also didn't sleep because I'm bummed that a big shot turned down an invite to be in one of my events. I know this has nothing to do with me but I'm really tired of trying to put these things together. That I had trouble sleeping because of this is absurd.

Then there were the weird dreams. Dreamt I was walking past my old middle school in D.C. and ran into a friend of mine who was checking out the playground to see if he was going to send his kid there. Like me, he had gone to this somewhat tough middle school and wasn't sure whether he'd put his kid through it. In the dream, I snuck up behind him and said, "hey kid, give me your lunch money." It was a common occurrence

I don't remember the rest of my dreams except to say they were the usual disturbing lot of anxiety. Be nice to get through a night once without waking up and without the torture from my sub-conscience.

Getting a little tired of this heat and more tired of it being pitch black at 5:30 a.m. Now I have to get ready for work and write more letters asking people to do events that serve no purpose.

On a different note, interesting story in NYT today about this woman who it appears has posed as a Sept. 11 survivor for the past six years. She had a great story of being rescued, losing her fiance, etc. Now it appears none of it checks out. It appears that she didn't pull this hoax, if that is what it is, for financial gain. That's what makes this sadder. Imagine being so disillusioned with your own life that you'd just create complete fiction. Something tragic about that.

1 comment:

Gina said...

the dream- you want a free lunch and you are willing to steal it if you have to... Or were you just kidding the guy? You want to find a safe place for your inner child to have fun? To relive your childhood without the angst?

your insomnia- maybe try working out really hard before you go to sleep. Try some Sleepy Time Tea.

What the heck is a "wilderbeast?"