Sunday, September 30, 2007

Typical Sunday

Got up at 7 a.m. Didn't run or go the gym first thing because I had to go do service at Perry Street.

Then went to gym with my ex-gf who was in town to see me for my two years. It was nice. After that we got on subway and she went to spend day with her friend while I picked up bagels, more coffee, the newspapers, etc.

Got home. Talked to a friend of mine who is going through the horror and pain that anyone with about 40 days goes through. I ate my bagels, swept my floor, read the papers, rubbed one out, watched the first half of the Jets game.

Then I took the papers to the bed, turned the game on the radio (much better than TV) and dozed for awhile until a I got up to hang up on a solicitation call.

Watched Jets choke at the end, kind of glad the Bills won. Felt good for their rookie QB.

Put on some Ramones and tried to do some work. Got tired of Ramones and decided to put on some Simon & Garfunkel so I could get depressed and suicidal while I did my work.

It worked. Got really down. Played "The Boxer" five times in a row thinking of when I was 19 in New York City (and I was depressed and suicidal). God it was so different then and then I think about what it was like in 1969 when Simon wrote "The Boxer." Then got text message from ex so that was nice.

Finished the work I didn't want to do for the job I don't enjoy and I hope and pray that tomorrow I'll go in and work hard like I did Friday (which was the first time in a long time where I went in and did nothing but work all day with minimal griping, self-loathing, backstabbing gossiping, etc.)

Now I'm going to shower and get a little air, meet the ex, her friend that I have to be nice to even though she drives me crazy. Of course, the only reason she drives me crazy is because she is everything I'm not, outgoing, bubbly, etc. Yeah, ok that's true but she is a little annoying but christ she's not satan and it won't kill me to just smile and nod my head.

Anyway, dinner with the ex after this other thing and then home. There you have it folks, a typical Sunday.

No comments: