Monday, December 17, 2007

Checking In

I still pay my bills by check. i don't know why. Everyone else does Internet bills or online banking. I guess I could. It would certainly reduce the paper trail.

But for some reason I like writing checks and sticking them in envelopes, buying stamps and dropping them in the mailbox. I get a sense of accomplishment out of it.

I do think one reason I still do it is that it is a relic from the days when I had to be absolutely sure the checks would clear and that the money would be there and hence I didn't want it automatically deducted. Not really an issue now but the memories live on.

I also figure if I keep paying by mail, I'm helping keep a few jobs that will eventually fade away alive.

Still, it's kind of a pain in the ass.

2 comments:

Angelissima said...

My husband pays everything online. I don't like it, won't do it. He laughs at me because I, like you, enjoy the check writing and stamp sticking ritual of bill paying.

If you don't mind, I am going to steal your line about keeping a few jobs intact.

Lets hear it for the little guy!

Gina said...

i forget to pay my bills sometimes.

Writing checks makes me feel important.

I should write more checks.