Sunday, December 9, 2007

Just Friends

An underrated movie. I know the posters looked stupid and perhaps it's only because it's been on HBO like a thousand times over the last two years, but I actually enjoy this flick.

Maybe it's because I like the idea of leaving my hometown for ten years, coming back a completely different person (yet, still the same). Maybe it's because it's set in Jersey and I always wonder what it'd be like to see everyone I knew in eighth grade before I moved to DC.

Or hell maybe it's because Anna Ferris is really funny in this, as is Ryan Reynolds and even in Chris Klein in a part that would've been played by Owen Wilson if it'd been twenty years after high school.

I'm allowed to like a sappy romantic comedy. Especially on a rainy Sunday.

1 comment:

Gina said...

sappy is good on a rainy day in.