Saturday, December 1, 2007

What Would Freud Say?

So doing my usual Saturday morning routine of getting up early and gathering my laundry. I always order my heart attack on a role (sausage, egg, and cheese) before I leave. This morning though, instead of dialing the deli, I dial my Dad. The numbers are not even remotely similar except that they both start with one number three times in a row (but not the same number). Anyway, I got the voicemail and hung up. Then I redialed, ordered the food and off I went.

As a onetime fling used to remark, "weird, huh?"

3 comments:

Angelissima said...

What would Freud say?
"Rambler, that is weird."

Gina said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Gina said...

hmm...this is a tricky one. Perhaps what you're ego is really striving to 'order' is your life. Your desire and attemtps at
a healthier relationship with your father is often sabotaged with unhealthy thought patterns ( sausage egg and cheese thoughts). Though you'd prefer him to assume his rightful place as your number one 'role' model, there are issues which you are trying to deal with which may be resolved and healed with communication. You are trying to reach out, however before you leave the security of your home, which represents safety from all things scary and bad, and more importantly, before you can advance beyond this pattern of poor choices,( nasty meats and cheeses etc), before you can do the next right thing, you must deal with your dirty laundry...and so you call your dad. When you get his voice mail, your super ego over-rides the ego and your id is screaming, "Feed Me Now!" Once again, the ego is forced to retreat to the back burner where it will come up with other ways to outsmart the crying child within. No?

Dr. Gina, for the deli best in psycho-analysis