Monday, June 4, 2007

It 's not pretty

So it's Monday night, catching up on Sopranos and Entourage, which I missed last night. Entourage has not been firing on all cylinders this season (except for Drama, he's hilarious as always). Sopranos has also been hit and miss. The episode with Junior in the home was one of the best in years, the rest has been so-so.

I doubt anyone is reading this to get my thoughts on television but I actually know a teeny bit about the entertainment biz and since when do I let what people think get in the way of what I say. Anyway, Sopranos has been fading for some time, but I'm hardly the first with that thought. The Wire is the show to beat and has been for the last four years.

OK, have to make an editorial comment. As much as I love the Bing, do we really think that the dancers would be swaying back and forth to The Doors vs. the usual hip-hop? Of course, I have been in clubs that have made the fatal mistake of leaving the music to a jukebox. If you want depressing, watch a dancer work a pole to "Whiter Shade of Pale."

It's not pretty.

No comments: