Monday, June 25, 2007

Sure it's a cliche but it still has its appeal

I should be doing work. I have enough to do but I'm in one of those what difference does it all make anyway mood and was just thinking how nice it would be to check out with Bach's Air for G String playing. Just fade away. Is it anymore cliched then my old plan for checking out, which was the John Entwistle approach? This way is a little cleaner and more peaceful and won't require nearly as thorough a toxicology report.

Don't worry, not planning anything. But sometimes it seems like a not so bad idea. Highly unlikely though as I want everything planned to the last detail. I want the overture from Tommy playing as people come in for my service. I want a slide/video presentation, etc. In fact, I want to be there for it. It's one of my fantasies. I know, how narcissistic can one get? Believe me, I can be pretty narcissistic, it goes with the territory. I'm a journalist at heart and what you need to know about journalists is that we have this deadly combination of arrogance and self-loathing that makes us know-it-alls who are too afraid to take a chance. I guess I shouldn't speak for all journalists, but most of the ones I've known fit the bill.

No comments: