Friday, June 22, 2007

Laundry. Got a problem with that?

Ok, was just talking with a friend who asked what I was doing this weekend and before I could spit the words out he said, "laundry, softball." Yes, in fact that is pretty much my weekend. There will also be five or six spank sessions, a couple of trips to the gym, some cat box maintenance and some moderate socializing.

I know it doesn't sound all that exciting but it'll do for now. Considering that it wasn't too long ago that a typical weekend would cost me at least a grand, my self-esteem and self-worth, just having clean clothes and playing ball seems like a better deal.

Not that there wasn't fun in those days but living like you're a rock star without actually a)being one or b)even in a band can get a little tiring. It's expensive to subsist on booze and broads. A good rental is north of $400 these days. Sure, you can go cheap and get an import but the ride is not nearly as nice and there are language barriers and that whole exploitation thing seems to really hit home when the person in your apartment knows a grand total of three words of English and two of them are "deeper" and "harder." (The other one being "cash").

That said, I do need a better laundry mat. I need one where slinky brunettes are parading around instead of one full of screaming kids and a group of folks who must do their laundry once every six months judging by the size of the load (ha, he said load). Of course, this is what you get when your laundry is on 104th and Broadway instead of somewhere a little trendier. Then again, I've never seen a laundry with slinky brunettes running around except maybe in Coors commercial and those are hardly barometer for truth.

It's Friday and I'm starting to feel a little guilty that I haven't done anything all day. Not too guilty since my boss didn't event come in. She's "working from home" today. Yeah, and I was at that site because of research I was doing on First Amendment issues.

Later!

No comments: