Sunday, June 10, 2007

The Way I Always Do

The Rambler is going out of town for a few days. Probably won't be able to post anything for awhile. But hopefully this trip will go alright.

While I'm not looking forward to it--this is a work trip--I think it is good I get out of town for a few days. A lot going on in my personal life which I'll get into at some point here but I'm not sure I can find the words yet. I'll say this, my facade is over and I'm not as tough as I think I am. I am going to go without something I have become very dependent on and while this is the right thing, since it goes against my own needs...you get the idea.

The way I always do refers to my bad habit of taking care of myself and the expense of others. I don't want to do that anymore. It's tough to try to understand and appreciate someone else's feelings when your own mantra has been having the cake and eating it too. Some people rightfully like things in cement, I prefer mud.

Anyway, I hope this is not a permanent thing. I've become very dependent on this and while again, I have to forgo my own selfish needs for the greater good, I hope down the road though what's really important will continue--what form that will take will be revealed soon enough.

I guess if there was a message in this emotional roller coaster I was on today it was the last scene of The Sopranos. Tony puts "Don't Stop Believing" on the jukebox. Now I'm not some Journey fan, but someone else I know and care about is and I thought that this person would appreciate knowing that.

See ya soon!

No comments: