Saturday, October 6, 2007

Michael Clayton/Bruce Springsteen

Saw Michael Clayton this morning. Only $6 before noon, now I know what I'm doing every Saturday!

Anyway, movie is very entertaining, taut thriller with good performances all around. The very end though didn't seem to fit the rest of the movie. I'm not giving it away, but if anyone else sees it and knows what I mean, let me know.

Just bought the new Bruce and gave it a listen. It doesn't suck. I need to play it again to absorb everything. "Radio Nowhere" does sound a little like Tommy Tutone's "867-5309." Bruce is not really charting new territory here. Would have liked to hear more Roy Bittan, probably the best overall musician in the band. Again though, it didn't suck and I'll give it another listen and throw it on the iPod.

Also bought the new book that goes inside the mess of the Duke rape case. Looking forward to reading it. I can tell I live in NYC when I had to hit three different Barnes & Nobles to find a copy. Not because it was sold out, because they didn't bother ordering it.

And finally, a new coffee table is on its way over. The old one, which I bought in 1995 when I lived in LA, had been falling a part for years. God knows what DNA they'll find on that thing if I sent it to the lab. Anyway, new one will take some getting used too but hey, so does a clean sink and new sheets.

Enjoy your weekend.

2 comments:

Gina said...

Springsteen to Coffee tables...Do you shop online for your furniture?

Gina said...

PS. Rambler, Not that you care and, forgive me for saying so here but... I found a nice little entry table on the side of the road today. It was really cute and so I threw it in the back seat. One of the kids who lived there had personalized it with his little John Hancock "Victor" on the top. but I figured I could paint over that and the flowers that decorated the top. It had a drawer in it and I slid it open and found a playing card...said " ONE FREE PANTY
It was from Victoria's Secret. The kid must have forgotten he left it there.

Huge yard sale day in the area. I kept wanting to ask the realtor to pull the car over, but stopped myself.

Use your new table in good health.