Thursday, October 18, 2007

Walk Tall, Just Watch What You Say

I'm in a Duane Reed picking up some cold medicine when "Walk Tall" by Mellencamp comes on. I like the song, I start to sing along and then I realize I'm singing the words but he isn't. Turns out the third and fourth verse "be careful of those who kill in Jesus's name, he don't believe in killing at all" was edited out.

There were some other lyrics in its place and I couldn't make them out which leaves me wondering did Mellencamp change his own lyrics to get it on the air or did the company that contracts out to provide music to stores do it. It's disturbing either way, but I'll be more disturbed if it turns out he did it vs. it being done to him. I mean, it's bad either way but I hope he didn't play ball on this. That's not how one walks tall.

No comments: