Monday, October 29, 2007

Serenity Now!!!

I've come to the conclusion that in order to maintain some sense of inner peace I need to avoid certain websites. No, not the adult ones although that wouldn't be a bad idea either. I mean the ones that traffic in bitterness and cynicism disguised as witty observations. I notice that every time I read them I'm not amused, I'm angry. Maybe it's an age thing but a bunch of snarky snots who sit around all day mocking others for usually no good reason no longer entertains me. Visiting those sites is validating what they do and inspiring them to go further down in the gutter in their never ending push to be the most jaded people on the planet.

Being bitter and jaded is easy, anyone can do it and I don't want to do what anyone can do anymore.

7 comments:

Angelissima said...

All snarky commentary should be avoided. In fact, anything that could be described as snarky should be nixed from the list.
Especially websites which feature snarkish commentary from the blow-hard everyman.

SHUT UP ALREADY!

Rambler said...

ah, but my comments tend to be more about the daily frustrations of life in the city, of life as someone trying to move ahead and make sense of his past, as someone who now realizes wanting to be Bukowski may not have been the best of goals.

The sites I refer to are snark for the sake of snark from people who don't create but rather live by sucking the life and spirit out of others. Although some of my posts may seem like that, I also at times write of the joy of simple things.

Anyway, as we like to say, keep coming back!

Angelissima said...

oh no, you misunderstood, dear rambler.

your posts are well composed insights into your life walking through the belly of the beast.

I agree that the "other" sites (of a snarky nature) should be avoided. For me, words tend to fester upstairs far too long.

Rambler said...

ok, sorry, my bad for misinterpreting

Gina said...

I used to own a Snark. It was a sailboat...

Angelissima said...

I wish the Young Urban Politicos didn't get a strangle-hold on Snark.

Its such an awesome word (as a noun)

A Classic Snark

ps: Gina, long live the yellow Snark!
She was yar!

Angelissima said...

Gee whiz Rambler, I'm obnoxious, but not so brazen to demand a 'virtual' stranger SHUT-UP on his own blog!
Just think of the 10th step ramifications. I have enough trouble with the face-to-face.

Blog on!

:-)