Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Where Do We Go Now

So I'm walking out my door and heading up 100th Street this morning on my way to work. I hear behind me this little girl singing. Now I'm not Mr. Morning. Hell, I'm not Mr. Mid-Day or Mr. Night either. Any noise that gets me out of my head and my world pisses me off. Hey, I'm a work in progress, what do you want?

So I'm trying not to listen to this little girl but the words coming out of her mouth seem very familiar. "She's got eyes of the bluest skies as if they thought of rain..." and it hits me this little kid is singing Sweet Child O' Mine. I turn around and ask if she isn't a little young to be singing that one. I don't mean because of the content, I mean because that song's TWENTY YEARS OLD!!! Heck, I felt old for liking it when it first came out and I was 21.

She explained that her friend is obsessed with 80s music and has been playing it and she likes it. It was cute. As long as she doesn' start slithering like a snake during Slash's solo I guess I'm ok with this.

2 comments:

Tuner said...

Hey, she could've been singing 'Afternoon Delight' or 'Escape (The Pina Colada Song). Give a kid a break.

BayonneMike said...

Someone was telling me recently that one of the ways kids are rebelling today is by ignoring the so-called current hip music in favor of classic rock. My 4-year-old neice backs this up. She's a big fan of The River (well, at least sides 1 and 2).