Saturday, January 12, 2008

Sixth Street!!!

Back from L.A. Fun place to cruise around in a convertible for a day but still not sure I see myself living there again. It is so quiet there at night. I forgot that pretty much every city except New York is quiet at night. And I'm not sure I'm ready for all that quiet.

Of course, I was not out there to talk about relocating. It was a job interview, but the job is in NY. The company is HQ'd in LA.

So lets get to it. Right now at this moment I don't see myself returning to my past. It doesn't feel right in my gut. Plus one editor who I don't even know trying to give me a man hug was kind of a turn off. I was like "dude, what are you doing?"

I don't think they can pay what I'm looking for anyway and while that doesn't matter if I am into the gig, if I'm not it is just a resentment waiting to happen. As I've said before, I want to move towards something, not away from something.

Of course, all this can change on Monday when some new shitstorm arises at work. Actually, I don't think that'll really be the case. I think I need to keep looking and searching but also do my job--what a radical idea.

Seriously, there are worse places to be while I figure out what's next.

1 comment:

Angelissima said...

yeah, weigh the pros and cons.