Saturday, January 12, 2008

Thunderfingers

While in LA, I swiped a DVD of Thunderfingers from a friend's desk at the place I used to work. He won't mind. In fact, if I didn't know any better I'm pretty sure he left it there knowing I'd be snooping at his desk.

It's a documentary about John Entwistle, late great bassist of The Who. I am slightly obsessed with the Ox. Who knew that the statue that played on stage was a wild man off of it? Well, obviously anyone who hung around the band knew it. He blew through money...literally. Booze, blow and broads. My kind of guy. I too used to want to go after a night with a stripper and the other two Bs. Not anymore. At least for now.

Anyway, the film also had some interviews with his last girfriend who ended up overdosing on coke a few years after Entwistle died. She was a real mess in this tape. Too bad. She seemed like a sweet girl but that rock & roll groupie life takes a hell of a toll if you don't know when to quit.

Here is a clip to remind everyone else why this guy mattered.

No comments: