Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Tighter Lids

No, this isn't some new gross plastic surgery trend I'm writing about. Just wondering if anyone else has noticed that Starbucks seems to have changed the types of lids they use. Normally, tight and snug are good things, but these lids are a bitch to seal all the way around and one has to be careful not to spill coffee all over themselves while insuring that the lid is in fact on.

I may be wrong but the lids look a little smaller. Probably some sort of environmental thing that some geek pushed after deciding that if you shaved 1/8 of a millimeter off the lids, you'd reduce litter by .02% over 20 years.

Yeah, sooo jaded. But shit, I just want to be able to seal my coffee without worrying about it shooting out all over me.

I could start a Starbucks Watch blog but I have a hunch I've been beaten to that turf several dozen times over.

And yeah I know that I shouldn't even be going to Starbucks. We've already discussed that one and I conceded my contradictions. And I'm still not sold on the crunchy granola either.

2 comments:

Gina said...

maybe you just grabbed the wrong sized lid.

Rambler said...

no, they put the lids on for you