Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Calling All Cars

Once again I couldn't drag myself out of bed today to run, go the gym, etc. I finally forced myself to get up and went to the gym because I hadn't been since Sunday, won't get to go again until Friday and really needed it. This meant that I wouldn't get into work until 10:30 because of the late start, but fuck it.

Now I really have a case of the fuck its. Had our usual staff meeting with my boss as usual being somewhat insane. She doesn't let anyone finish a sentence and has a hard time listening. She's not a bad person, but I question her management skills. Really took all I had to not blow up in the meeting.

But this post isn't about her It's about me. Last few days have been very frustrating. Some of it is shit I can't control but some of it I can, I just have to focus on pushing that mother fucking rock up the hill.

I need to throw myself back into the work a little bit (I know, then stop blogging and do it) and I have a little today. I'm not at my lunch meeting, I'll find one later. I'll take the actions. I'm also continuing to kick tires and hopefully that will lead somewhere.

I may be a little lonely too. It happens. Last night on my walk home I ran into this girl I've had a crush on for two years. I was on the cell and was so tempted to just hang up and talk to her beyond the "hey, how's it going" stuff we usually exchange. She knows--I mean she has to by now--that I have a crush. Of course, I just kept on going after the greetings and salutations were done. Last time I ran into her on the street she was on the phone. I think we just have bad timing.

Anyway, something is up with the Rambler. I will try to ride this shit out and do what I always do as I've been taught. Have to take care of myself before I can take care of anyone or anything else.

3 comments:

Gina said...

sisterly advice re: girl on sidewalk. maybe next tiem you see her, try to forget you have a crush and just make some small talk. keep it short.

Angelissima said...

Guess what Rambler? I'm not going to go into my usual diatribe about something completely irrelevant to your post today! I do more blogging on your blog than I do on my own. Its like a secret spot where I feel relatively safe to spill. I'm not safe on my own blog and that is very sad.

Anyway, I hear ya. I HATE my boss right now. I'm going over his head to complain about him. Its eating away my serenity. I've never pulled anything like this before. Then again, I've never had such an asswipe as a boss before.

We should recite the spiritual axiom over and over. Do the old gratitude list thing. Back to basics. Deal with H-A-L-T.

Anyway you know, this to shall pass and all that.

One day the Little Red-Haired Girl WILL notice you, Charlie Brown.

Gina said...

apologies on the A word. Bad.