Thursday, November 29, 2007

Didn't You Used To Be John Entwistle?

John Entwistle, the late great bass player for The Who once joked that someone came up to him and said "didn't you used to be John Entwistle?" I often feel like that these days and this morning it especially hit home at a meeting where I found myself telling people what I used to do as code for "I used to be someone who mattered."

I realize that means that I based my whole identity through my job and that is not a good thing. I also realize that maybe I need a job that I can feel good about as it relates to who I am and what I want.

Just one more thought from me in this roller-coaster week.

2 comments:

Gina said...

yeah, i've decided not to ask people that question anymore. other things to talk about besides the What. The Who, for example.

Anonymous said...

Well said.