Sunday, November 4, 2007

Do Not Adjust Your Dial

The Redskins are playing the Jets today. That means that the Redskins are actually on TV today. I am a Redskins fan. Yet strangely I have little desire to watch this game. I don't think it's the aftershock of last week's 52-7 drubbing by the Patriots. I think it has more to do with the fact that it looks like a great day and perhaps I should try to enjoy some of it instead of sitting in front of my TV for seven hours (because I am going to watch the Colts-Patriots game).

I hope I'll stick to this plan. I have no agenda. I'll be free of my morning routine by 12:15 and figure I can just roam around for a few hours or maybe grab a bite with a friend. If I get home by the fourth quarter of the Skins game, that would be a victory.

No, there is nothing wrong with watching the game. But I'm really trying not to sit in my apartment for such long periods of time. Went to a big event last night and while I didn't have the GREAT time I was hoping for, I had a nice time and it beat the alternative.

Bottom line: Staying inside guarantees nothing will happen. Going outside leaves the possibility that anything can happen.

Enjoy your day.

No comments: