Monday, November 19, 2007

Cool Jobs I Want

OK, starting a new category of post here. Jobs that sure sound cool that I'll never have. How about being the investigator going after Derek Jeter for not paying New York taxes for three years? This is my kind of a job. I'm assuming that the investigator basically tracked gossip columns, sporting and memorabilia events, photo shoots, etc. to determine that Mr. Pinstripes was here a lot more than Tampa. Probably also got access to EZ Pass, phone records, etc. A similar approach was taken to nail Martha Stewart of the same thing about 13 years ago. She made it easy. She wrote in her magazine about the crap she was doing in the city all the time. Didn't take Sherlock Holmes to figure out she was full of shit on her tax returns.

I have always wanted to be a snoop. One of my bigger regrets is that I didn't become a detective.

I doubt this pays very well and if there's a background check...

But it does sound like fun although working for the IRS or any tax office is probably like working for internal affairs.

2 comments:

Angelissima said...

IRS? Really? I'd rather be on the bunco squad.

Gina said...

BUNCO! Go for it, Kid. You could be another Columbo...or Monk!